Electoral data for the 2018 review
Data for our initial proposals (published 13 September 2016)
- How the constituencies are distributed across England, a listing of all proposed constituencies, and a more localised breakdown;
- All proposed constituencies and their component ward electorates;
- A complete listing of all English polling district electorates (please note that the data has been provided by local authorities, so the BCE is not responsible for its accuracy).
Base electorate data to be used in the 2018 Review
The official 2015 UK electorate figures (which the legislation specifies must be used for the 2018 review of constituencies) were published by the Office for National Statistics on 24 February 2016. Those figures can be viewed here.
The following downloads contain the detailed electorate data flowing from that, which will be used for the 2018 review:
- Applying the statutory calculation for distributing constituencies between the four parts of the UK, and subsequently between the nine regions of England:XLSX file XLS file
- The electorate of each region (sub-divided by both local authorities) and each existing constituency:XLS file XLSX file
- The electorate of each region, sub-divided by local authorities, and further sub-divided by ward:XLSX file CSV file
(Please note that the BCE data refers to the relevant electorate as the ‘2016 electorate’).